Living together harmoniously in Europe
- About us
- European Citizenship
- Peace Education
- Publication: Media Literacy in Europe: How to involve parents?
- Difference Day 2015
- Media Meets Literacy
- EF grants for EU media literacy programs
- Publication: Media Literacy in Europe
- Media Literacy Train‐the‐trainer Program
- Street School for Young Journalists
- Medialabs Paris
- Top events 2007-2013
- Friends of the Foundation
- Project publications
- Media Literacy in Europe
- I am Europe newspaper
- Kids and TV
- Internet and Social Networks
- Intercultural Learning Material
- Prevention and intervention programs for violent youth in Europe
- Publication toy libraries
- Peace Factory
- Floating Territories
- Europe’s New Racism?
- Learning for change in a multicultural society
- Annual reports
In the Spotlight
Evens Foundation newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter
Media Education Prize
To promote harmonious living together, the Evens Foundation aims to stimulate efforts to increase media literacy - by raising critical awareness, which implies comprehension and cultural awareness, and by encouraging media creativity, both of which contribute to the development of highly aware, active and responsible citizens. According to the European Commission, media literacy "should help citizens to recognize how the media filter their perceptions and beliefs, shape popular culture and influence personal choices."
Media Education is thus learning about the media with Media Literacy as an expected outcome. It aims to develop both critical understanding about the media and active participation in the media (production). In addition to giving prizes for Media Education, the Evens Foundation will mainly support projects in this field that "empower citizens with the critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills to make them judicious consumers and producers of information (...)."